Thursday 16 May 2013

The one thing that makes it work

Up till now, I hate the feeling of being uncomfortable. Every single time I have to do something new or put myself in a possibly uncomfortable situation, I get nervous and jittery and feel like throwing up. Maybe, that's the reason why I don't usually put myself out there too much. The feeling of comfort gives me a sense of security; I feel confident with at least the thought of knowing what I'm getting myself into. So why do they say that being in your comfort zone all the time is not good? Cause there's no room for improvement? I don't get it. Why deliberately get yourself into a situation where you obviously know you wont enjoy? But yet there's that nagging voice in the background, "how do you KNOW you won't like it? You'll never know till you really try." It's really annoying sometimes. A part of me says "stay here! you know you'll feel much better if you just stay", the other part yells "Just go!! just go and experience something new"

I recently learned something new in my psychology class. When we are in our stages of early childhood to adolescence, we view life ideally. We believe that out there, the world is a perfect place and we meet perfect people and have perfect relationships and everybody is happy. But as we grow older into adulthood, we will learn that this is just a lie, well everybody knows that this is too perfect to be true (like duh). Relationships with other humans are never ideal, it all comes down to one little word that summarises it all- compromise. To make it work, you give this and take that. We have to give time to spend with each other, we have to listen and get to know each other a little better each day. When one messes up, the other has to compromise, swallow up anger and forgive etc. But if you keep taking and taking and just taking, the other person will eventually just get tired! For me, I will get fed up and just stop one day. I'll run away, and I'll never look back. But I know, I mess up too. So dears, If I seem aloof and distant, tell me. And I'm sorry, I will have my reasons, and we'll just have to compromise again..

No comments:

Post a Comment